Upcoming All-India Volunteers’ Meet in Bangalore
Samskrita Bharati is conducting an all-India meeting of its volunteers this year during Oct 18, 19 and 20, 2013 (Friday-Sunday) in Sri Sri Ravishankar Guruji’s Art of Living Headquarters on Kanakapura Road, Bangalore. This is a major confluence of all the various Karyakartas from far corners of Bharat who are actively participating in the SB movement, to exchange their experiences in the society and also to gain fresh inspiration going forward. It is a re-union of the Samskrita Bharati family and happens once in several years. The last such event happened five years ago.
Some Highlights of this event:
- It starts on Valmiki Jayanti, Oct 18, 2013 – the birthday of Maharshi Valmiki, the foremost Samskrit poet.
- It is a showcase of Bharatiiya samskriti in its native language, Samskritam.
- Like any other SB-organized event, It will be conducted as a typical Indian family event – hospitality, brotherhood and equality are paramount. No VIP treatment, no class distinctions.
- All activities from waking up to sleeping will be done in Samskrit. It is a feast for the eyes and ears.
- All food will be served personally to reflect aatmiiyataa – no buffets.
- A cultural evening for the general public is also being planned, where stalwart singers will sing in Samskrit.
About 1000 invited delegates (pratinidhis) and thousands more enthusiasts are expected to attend this event from all the states of India – north to south, and east to west. Samskrita Bharati’s Bangalore chapter is the host for this event, and is gearing up its preparations.
A majority of the delegates are full-time volunteers, who have dedicated their life for the cause of promoting Samskrit with no monetary gain, and some of them work in harsh conditions (our brethren in northeastern states, to mention a few).
Appeal for Volunteering Help
Needless to say, it is a mammoth effort with significant monetary expenditure (10s of lakhs of rupees) and lots of logistics. The Bangalore Samskrit enthusiasts are the hosts, and are accountable for providing a pleasant experience to their bandhus from other parts of the country. If you are a Samskrit enthusiast and will be in/near Bangalore at that time, and would like to offer some of your time to help out with the event, please fill out the online volunteer sign up form linked below. The event needs at least 300 volunteers for its smooth flow. You need not know Samskrit to volunteer. Some tasks would be coordinating transportation to/from venue, accommodation, food-serving, video recording of events, facilities, hygiene and help desk.
- Samskrita Bharati runs on volunteer effort and is not a corporate institution with profit motive. Every samskrit enthusiast is an SB volunteer by default.
- By volunteering here, you will gain first-hand experience organizing a large event as a team with love and not money or ego as your main fuel.
- You will get to surround yourself in a Samskrit-filled environment for three days. Your perception of the Samskrit will be transformed forever. You will see samskrit language fully alive and vibrant.